Primrose offers several services and resources to support caregivers responsible for loved ones with dementia.
- Arrange a stay at the Primrose Day Club, our social day program for adults with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Take a break from caregiving responsibilities when you need to rest, while you are traveling, during holidays, or vacations with our respite care services.
- Attend Community Presentations at our Santa Rosa facility to hear more about the latest research into the cause, cure, care and prevention of dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Share your story and support others at a Caregiver Support Group in Santa Rosa, Windsor, Rohnert Park or Healdsburg
- Read our blog to learn the symptoms of caregiver burnout and find ways to cope.
- Read our Primrose Press Newsletters, published monthly, and packed with information on what’s happening at our assisted living facility.
- Find caregiver support and information from the Alzheimer’s Association for Northern California and the Alzheimer’s Association.
What Does Dementia Feel Like?
This informative video from Social Care Institute for Excellence shows firsthand some of the things a person with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease experiences on a daily basis. Walk through an average day from the viewpoint of someone with dementia and listen as she details her confusion and trains of thought.