During the month of June, the Alzheimer’s Association is raising awareness of Alzheimer’s Disease with its Go Purple campaign.
The Alzheimer’s Association is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Formed in 1980, their vision is a world without Alzheimer’s Disease. Today, more than 47 million people are living with Alzheimer’s and other dementias worldwide.
Here’s How You Can Participate
- Go Purple – Share a photo on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtags #IGoPurpleFor or #ENDALZ to be part of the Alzheimer’s Association gallery.
- Learn the Truth About Alzheimer’s – Debunk misconceptions, such as these, that keep people from seeking a diagnosis.
- Alzheimer’s is not a normal part of aging.
- Alzheimer’s is more than memory loss.
- Alzheimer’s can’t be prevented, but adopting healthy habits can reduce your risk of cognitive decline and contribute to brain health.
- The risk of developing Alzheimer’s is higher among women, African-Americans and Hispanics.
- Donate to support Alzheimer’s awareness, care, research and advocacy.
Primrose is proud to join the Alzheimer’s Association by going purple and raising awareness this month. Please reach out if you or a loved one needs information, support or services surrounding Alzheimer’s Disease. We’re here to help!